Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Summer Baby Shower and French Twist Ponytail


Well hello my lovelies!

I recently went to my friends baby shower for a baby boy that is due in September. The mommy- and daddy-to-be are naming him Asher, and they have an adorable nursery with an exotic animal theme. There are monkeys and lions and giraffes and elephants and hippos everywhere! 

Anyway, I took a couple of pictures of her opening gifts at the baby shower, and one of our other friends is taking notes on what is from whom for writing thank you notes later. So I will give you a couple pictures of that before I give you the hair style that I created to keep cool in the hall the baby shower was in.


Opening the presents!
The TINIEST shoes I have ever seen!


Little bibs that I made! (There is an apple, carrot, and corn.)
Itty bitty sunglasses!

Now on to the french twist ponytail! All you need is a comb/brush and a ponytail holder!

So, as per usual, brush (or comb) our your hair to make sure you do not run into any snarls when doing this hair style! 

Once your hair is combed out section out a chunk of hair at the top of your head and split it into two pieces. Take the two pieces and cross one over the other, then cross again to make a full twist. Add more hair into each section, and cross the hair over again, keep the hair tight. Continue adding hair as you go down, twisting the hair after each one. Once you reach the end just tie off with the ponytail holder and you are done! 

If you like you could add a cute bobby pin, ribbon around the holder or a flower pin!

The back of the hairstyle

The back again!

The hairstyle from the side
Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or let me know if you try it out on yourself!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment